Sunday, February 21, 2010

Roasted Acorn Squash and Gorgonzola Pizza

This week I was watching "Everyday Italian" on the Food Network one afternoon. (Giada is not my favorite food personality, but it was the best thing I could find to watch at that point.) She was making a pizza with flavors that piqued my interest...roasted acorn squash, arugula, and Gorgonzola cheese. I knew I didn't want to eat the entire pizza myself and was having trouble thinking of who might be bold enough with their taste buds to try it, and then it hit me...AMANDA! Amanda works at Rachel's Bread - a local artisan bakery with a wood-fired oven where they emphasize local and organic foods. This is just the kind of food that they make at Rachel's. So, I asked her if she wanted to forgo our planned post-church restaurant outing and opt to try this new recipe out together instead. She was game and we ended up being very glad that we tried it! The flavors were a wonderful combination. The sweet heat from the glaze on the squash partnered with the tang of the Gorgonzola and the peppery arugula was simply divine!

Here's Amanda...eager to dig into the goodness!

Here's just the pizza.

And here's a link to the recipe if you want to try it out for yourself!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roasted-acorn-squash-and-gorgonzola-pizza-recipe/index.html

No comments: